The Voices

GHANA TELESCOPE
New York - Accra - London
HOME * WORLD * OPINIONS *WHY *NEWS *SERMONS *CONTACT

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

BIOMETRIC SYSTEM IS FAKE - WILL NOT WORK, PERIOD!!





Dr Kwaku Danso
GLU

Folks


We all live in a country where people’s basic home addresses are not even recorded in any database.

In 2004 when I moved to my house in East Legon my bills for water, electricity, etc were addressed to : Kwaku Danso, near Lake Side, East Legon. I laughed and cried, and later when I went to the Post Office, I asked them why they don’t deliver mail to the houses as done during the colonial days. The man and woman clerks looked at each other and said: “Yes, we can do it”. They gave me a phone number to call and set up an appointment and after paying my Ghc10 or so, the guy showed up on a motorbike and since then I get mail at home. They still don’t pick up mail, though, and one day I may have to go there again.



Look, the people managing the EC and the whole nation have no clue what they are doing and why they are doing this!

Can anybody challenge me and point to the person who made the decision to purchase the Biometric system for Ghana? Look, let me assure you all that some smart alec white sales man has sold Ghana a system that is perhaps worth $25 million for $75 million and somebody in high places have pocketed a huge chunk in some foreign bank account and they have no clue how the system works.


Look, from fundamental electrical engineering electronic systems principles you need:

1. An EQUIPMENT – A physical device on which you take the fingerprint or eye iris detection image;

2. STORAGE SYSTEM – a hard drive to store the data, and then

3. DATABASE /SOFTWARE system;

4. NETWORK SYSTEM – which allows comparison of the stored data with an existing data to make sure the data taken matches or does not match with an existing data for the voter.


All these need ELECTRCITY!!!

Can anybody convince me that we have reliable and stable electricity delivery in every place we vote?



Some of you are emotional about the 2012 elections. I am not.

I know that the elections is not going to be done any more efficiently than done in the last 4, 8, 16 years! Trust me that the equipment at most of these places in the rural areas don’t have electricity that is reliable, and neither is the one in East Legon.

Somebody has taken advantage of Ghana and pocketed a huge amount of money for the purchase of this Biometric system.

It is fake!! We pretend like we are at par with the rest of the world and we are not! We will never be until we build the fundamentals! If you don’t have an addressing system for property and for yourselves as individuals, how do you identify each other.

Tweaaaa!!

I found out that there are quite a few Kwaku Danso in Accra alone! Without a street address and National Identification number that is unique, and cross check that with my birth date, how the heck can somebody sit somewhere and claim they know Kwaku Danso voted in 2012?



Let anybody challenge me and send me the full details and I will be convinced.

I did not study electronics engineering and practice it for all these years to be fooled by some Liberal Arts people in Ghana who have no clue what they are doing! This system smells of corruption and thievery somewhere to me and will not work.

The only person in Ghana who I can count on to verify this for me will be Michel Bowman-Amuah and Sam Twerefour. These people have enough experience in technology to evaluate this system for us. Failing that, it is what they call a white elephant. It is not going to add any value to the 2012 elections. Most places will not work and they will end up using the same old system:

VOTER: My name is Akwasi Mensah, Here is my ID or I don’t have an ID but I live near the big tree by the chiefs palace – don’t you know me?

OFFICIAL: Okay,, Okay,, we know this person,, we play football together,, let him vote1

Please save this and quote me if you want, and don’t’ forget I warned you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home